WE'VE GOT THE WHOLE WORLD IN OUR HANDS

Inspire the children around you to read.  Nurture their creativity.  Guide them in caring about our planet.

Welcome to my 'Barefoot Journey' ....

Friday 8 June 2007

"you don't bring me flowers"

Title is courtesy of Neil Diamond. Is is sad to admit that I like Neil Diamond? Is it even sadder to admit that I've actually seen him in concert?

Well unlike the song, lucky old me does still have somebody to bring me flowers. My rock has however been out of the country working now for over a week and we all miss him loads. Only 2 more weeks to go though - yipppeee. Whilst he's away I buy my own flowers and today I got some of my very very favourite ones.

First we have the substantial, but at the same time graceful, peony.

And next we have the strong, architectural, and yet amazingly delicate and intricate, alium.



Don't flowers just make you smile?

I couldn't share my flowers without introducing you to a gorgeous Barefoot Book, and one of my favourites:




This is a beautiful, touching tale that uses humour and metaphor to promote acceptance and ultimately shows us that what makes us different also makes us beautiful.

"every little snip of the scissors made a sad little tweak"

Written by Jen Wojtowicz and illustrated by Steve Adams.

In my post about tagging I told you about a recent purchase of mine. I'm being brave and it will be making its debut appearance at the weekend. Wish me luck, I'll let you know how I get on next week.

Farewell to the ever elegant and graceful Darcey Bussell as she retires from the Royal Ballet.

Here's hoping somebody is bringing you all flowers this weekend.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope the sewing machine works, I have a few socks that need attention when I come home !
I like neil Diamond too, but I havent seen him in concert, but I have seen Garry Glitter -which is probably worse !

debbie said...

GG is definitely worse! Quite scary actually. Oh and I think socks require darning and not sewing machines, probably they just require the bin!

dottie angel said...

i didn't even notice the flowers, i was too busy admiring the fantastic knitted tea cozy you have...WOW that must be a dottie angel classic in the making!!!

and of course it's ND over GG, and it's not sad, cause i remember all his songs and did you know most of all the others songs we go around humming (ie. sleepy jean etc), he actually wrote as well...right i'm off to live forever in blue jeans...

dottie angel said...

forgot to mention that is 'forever in blue jeans' under a slip...