WE'VE GOT THE WHOLE WORLD IN OUR HANDS

Inspire the children around you to read.  Nurture their creativity.  Guide them in caring about our planet.

Welcome to my 'Barefoot Journey' ....

Tuesday 5 June 2007

oh tagging hell

I mentioned that I'd been tagged in my previous post. I'm not really one for self revealing so in order to get this over and done with as quickly as possible, here are my 7 potentially interesting things about me.

1. My most most most favourite nibble is the humble twiglet. I know it’s a love it or hate it thing by I could simple not live without it and woe betide anyone who tries to make me.

2. At the age of 38 I have just bought myself my first ever sewing machine and I have no bloody idea how to use it!!!! ‘The machine’ is sitting watching me waiting for me to dare approach it, teasing me with my huge incapability in this area. I am determined though. Any tips from sewing veterans are warmly welcomed.

3. I made my modelling debut with
Tif in The Cambridge Evening News. We modelled knitwear on the streets of Cambridge with, oddly enough, a small kitten and a dog. Photo evidence can only be revealed of course with kind permission from all participants.

4. Bizarre but true. I escaped unscathed having had an AK47 fired in warning and then pointed directly at me in extremely unfriendly circumstances in Angola during the civil war.

5. I am an orderliness freak. I am at my most content when everything has a ‘place to live’ and is tucked away neatly and in its correct position. My wardrobe is arranged by colour, by CDs are arranged alphabetically, my books by type and then alphabetically, and my pantry is always stocked with the essentials (neighbours use me like a local store!). Friends are scared to fall asleep on my sofa lest I file them away somewhere.

6. Despite the above I infuriate myself by having all sorts of pending piles all over the house that I have yet to allocate a ‘place to live’. This does make me a complete hypocrite because my perfectly ordered world is clearly more imaginary than reality, however I still constantly tell the rest of my family off for not putting their stuff away.

7. I love to learn and I always include things to learn in my new year’s resolutions but somehow I never ever stick to them. I have discovered that day to day unexpected learnings are much more realistic so I always look out for them in whatever situation I am in (like the AK-47 thing - lesson learned - never get myself in such a ridiculously awful position ever again!).


OK, I'm done now excpet for my remaining task to tag 7 people. I'm new to blogs so don't know many people yet so I'll find some and include their links next time.

1 comment:

dottie angel said...

you will never be given permisson so give up on that one!!
i can totally vouch for all of this organizational thing, just going to school with you and watching your pens all layed out in perfect harmony was enough!!

you have done an admirable job and i am very proud of you...and god how i wish your pantry was living next door to mine...